Provide an EU or UK contact address to place on your products
Use our extensive product compliance knowledge to efficiently check your technical documentation complies with product legislation
Represent your products as your economic operator
Liaise with market surveillance authorities on your behalf
Offer competitive pricing with no compromise on service quality
Where required, register your products on the appropriate EU
database including EMSA MED, EPREL, ECHA and CPNP
Find out more UKCA

EU Representation UK Representation CE Declaration
of Conformity
EU Responsible

General Product
Safety Regulation

EU and UK Authorized Representative Services

Authorised Rep Compliance offers comprehensive EU Authorized Representative Services (formerly EC) as well as UK Authorized Representative Services, facilitating the seamless trading and selling of goods within both the European Union and the United Kingdom (UK).

The appointment of an Authorized Representative is a mandatory step for manufacturers of products destined for import and distribution in the EU or UK.

In order to meet EU labeling requirements, it is essential to prominently feature the address of your Authorized Representative on product labels.

This representative becomes a crucial point of contact for market surveillance authorities responsible for enforcing consumer protection and health and safety standards. By designating an Authorized Representative, manufacturers not only meet regulatory obligations but also streamline communication, as it alleviates the burden on your distributors from assuming the role of representing your products and eliminates the necessity for them to access extensive technical documentation related to your products.

With more than 25 years experience working with European and UK product legislation, our expert service will provide you with the representation market surveillance authorities and customers expect.

Our sister company Product Compliance Support Ltd can help with any aspect of Product legislation if required.

Update from Amazon on their Responsible Person Service

On March 31st 2024 Amazon are ending the Amazon Responsible Person Service and will require all sellers of CE marked products to transition to a new provider

Let us help you to comply:

  • We offer a very competitive Responsible Person service.
  • Our team have many years’ experience in product compliance and would be delighted to help.
  • ARC is the Responsible Person for many brand owners who currently sell on Amazon. Here are some of our reviews;

What our brand owners are saying about ARC

Flipfield: “We are very satisfied with ARC. The Team is always friendly, customer and solution oriented, even with small issues. Most importantly they have very reasonable prices”.

Trackimo: “Arc give a competitive price and always provide a great service! Consultants have extensive, current knowledge of compliance legislation, giving us real peace of mind.

Winster: “Friendly and efficient company to deal with. All my needs covered with no complicated issues”.

Please contact us for expert advice and outstanding professional support in helping you meet your EU (EC), or European Union Authorized Representative and/or EU Person for CE-Marking Responsibilities – we are ready to help.


Understanding the significance of an European (EU) or UK Authorized Representative is crucial for grasping the necessity of having an EU AR or UK Rep when dealing with the import and export of products within the European Community or the United Kingdom.

The requirement for non-EU products to be represented to the authorities by someone in the EU has been around since the EU single market was launched in the 1990s. Initially, the rules were very unclear and it took a long time for them to be clarified enough for most manufacturers to realise the need.

A major change occurred on On the 1st January 2021 when the UK left the EU single market. Anyone in GB or the EU placing goods from the other side of The Channel on the market could no longer be a distributor. Instead they needed an importer established in the market on which the goods are being placed.

In recent years the legislators have made efforts to strengthen and extend the requirement for authorised representation to more products and supply chains in order to help consumer protection authorities deal with unsafe products.

In particular the market surveillance Regulation EU 2019/1010 tightens the rules in the EU for imported products to help the authorities trace and question overseas manufacturers.

We can help you meet these new rules and in particular provide you with:

  • An EU address to place on all your products supplied in the EU
  • A UK address to place on all your products supplied into Great Britain


We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions.

Below you will find questions relating to Brexit and the requirement to have an Economic Operator in the EU and also legislation known as Regulation (EU) 2019/1020, concerned with regulating market surveillance and compliance of products.

Why do I need an Authorised Representative?

For CE and UKCA-marked products, what are the extra obligations my distributors must take on if they have to become my importer?

For ‘general’ products without the CE or UKCA mark, what are the extra obligations my distributors must take on if they have to become my importer?

Why do the Authorised Representative’s details need to be on the product?

Do an EU importer’s or Authorised Representative’s details need to appear on the Declaration of Conformity (D of C)?

I am a GB (or other non-EU) manufacturer of products which fall under the General Product Safety Regulations (GPSR). I have EU distributors. Do I need an Authorised Representative?

I am an EU (or other non-UK) manufacturer of products which fall under the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD). I have UK distributors. Do I need an Authorised Representative?

Which supply chains for CE marked products need EU representation?

Which supply chains for CE and UKCA-marked products need GB representation?

Which supply chains for ‘general’ products need GB representation?

What does ARC need to check before representing products?

How much does it cost?


Our prices are extremely competitive without compromising on technical expertise or quality of service.

Our pricing structure considers four elements;

  • Number of products/families of products,
  • complexity of products,
  • potential hazards and risk
  • quality of supporting compliance information.

How Can We Help?



    Do you need to change your Authorised Representative?

    This is completely acceptable under EU and UK legislation; we can help to process the required paperwork and we may be able to reduce our set up cost considering any pre-qualification and/or audit work completed by your current provider.

    If you are looking to change Authorised Representatives then please contact us to discuss your situation.

    Our Satisfied Customers

    Adam Trčka, Project Manager, Centropen

    ARC has been our partner since Brexit, enabling Centropen to continue exporting to the UK. Working together, ARC have guided us through our CE & UKCA marking and all our legal requirements.

    Kamil Ubermanowicz – FyterTech Nonwovens Limited

    The post Brexit marketplace can be complicated and off putting. ARC Compliance helped us with the process of setting up the EU representation and assisted us over the years with any updates we had to make. Well, recommended.

    Daniel Paul,

    Our experience with ARC Compliance in the capacity of European Representative for our brand has been nothing short of exceptional. From the outset, Arc has proven to be a pivotal partner in navigating the complexities of European regulations, ensuring our brand’s seamless expansion into the European market. Visit…

    David Cattrall, Director, Arlec Ltd

    We were looking to use an authorised agent and were recommended ARC. We needed a quick turnaround and everyone at ARC was extremely helpful and responsive in helping us progress quickly. The process and requirements were made clear so we knew  exactly what we needed to provide. Once…

    Tony Adams, Engineering Director, Lonoptika Ltd

    I have been very impressed with the level of support and professionalism of AR Consultants in helping us navigate the complexities of CE marking in the post Brexit era. ARC has helped us bring an extremely complex cutting edge scientific instrument to market , using a pragmatic ,…

    Malcolm Andrews, Panacea Products

    ARC have always provided reliable advice and service, and make for an easy process.

    See more testimonials here

    Latest Developments

    EU Introduces Stricter CE Marking Regulations: Emphasis on Authorised Representative Labelling and Expert Consultation

    The European Union is set to roll out significant changes to CE marking and product regulations over the next 12 months, with a key focus on enhancing product safety, ensuring environmental sustainability, and improving market surveillance. A critical aspect of…

    UK Government Extends sticky label CE/UKCA Marking Rules Through to 2027

    The UK government has announced an indefinite extension of the current provisions that permit the use of adhesive labels for applying the CE and UKCA mark on products. This allowance, which was set to expire soon, will now continue until…

    PSTI Act 2022 and Its 2023 Regulations

    In the ever-evolving digital landscape, cybersecurity and telecommunications infrastructure have become paramount concerns for governments worldwide. The United Kingdom has taken a significant step forward in addressing these issues with the introduction of the Product Security and Telecommunications Infrastructure (PSTI)…

    UKCA Marking Deadline 2025: Urgent Compliance for Construction Products Required

    As the July 1st, 2025 deadline rapidly approaches, companies manufacturing or distributing Construction Products Regulation (CPR) products in the United Kingdom are under pressure to ensure their products are tested and compliant with the UK Conformity Assessed (UKCA) standards. This…