New advice for UKCA and Construction Products

The UK government has issued a change to the advice for companies manufacturing goods for the construction industry.

The advice states that products that have undertaken type testing where an EU Notified Body has been involved and/or FPC (Factory Production Control) and that come under the AVCP (Assessment and Verification of Constancy of Performance) systems except system 4, can no longer apply the UKCA Mark. This means going forwards a UK Notified Body will need to do the testing.

This change in advice does not affect the need for an Authorised Representative as this has been a requirement for all products including construction products since January 31st 2021.

Authorised Rep Compliance can provide you with Authorised Representative for CE Marking and UKCA Marking. Use our simple contact form to get in touch.

If you need more advice on UKCA Marking for Construction Products then why not contact our experienced and knowledgeable consultants at Product Compliance Support.

Buy Declaration of Conformity Templates for Self Certification of CE and UKCA Marking

We have a selection of templates available on our sister site Product Compliance Support. Click the image below to access our templates shop.