Provide an EU or UK contact address to place on your products
Use our extensive product compliance knowledge to efficiently check your technical documentation complies with product legislation
Represent your products as your economic operator
Liaise with market surveillance authorities on your behalf
Offer competitive pricing with no compromise on service quality
Where required, register your products on the appropriate EU
database including EMSA MED, EPREL, ECHA and CPNP
Find out more UKCA Declaration
of Conformity
EU Representation UK Representation CE Declaration
of Conformity


Authorised Rep Compliance provides EU Authorized Representative Services (formerly EC) and UK Authorized Representative Services for trading and selling goods in both the European Union and the United Kingdom (UK).

If you manufacture products and goods to be imported and distributed in the EU or UK and are required to meet EU labelling requirements then appointing an Authorised Represenative provides a single point of contact with market surveillance authorities enforcing consumer protection and health and safety. It avoids your distributors having to represent your products and needing access to detailed technical documentation on your products.

With more than 25 years experience working with European and UK product legislation, our expert service will provide you with the representation market surveillance authorities and customers expect.

Our sister company Product Compliance Support Ltd can help with any aspect of Product legislation if required.


The 1st January 2023 deadline for converting to UKCA marking has been extended to 31st December 2024.

We can help you prepare. Here’s How:

  • We offer a competitive, professional UKCA Authorised Representative service from our office in the UK.
  • We can provide you with UKCA Declaration of Conformity templates.
  • We can even convert your CE declarations’ to UKCA format for you.
  • Where necessary we will assist you with finding a suitable UK Conformity Assessment Body (UKCAB), formally known as UK Notified Bodies.

Please contact us for expert advice and outstanding professional support in helping you meet your EU, EC or European Authorized Representative Responsibilities, we are ready to help.

Our Satisfied Customers

Adam Trčka, Project Manager, Centropen

ARC has been our partner since Brexit, enabling Centropen to…

Kamil Ubermanowicz – FyterTech Nonwovens Limited

The post Brexit marketplace can be complicated and off putting.…

Daniel Paul,

Our experience with ARC Compliance in the capacity of European…


Understanding the meaning of an EU, EC or UK Authorised Representative will help understand why an EU AR, EC Rep or UK Rep may be required for importing and exporting products in the European Community or the UK.

The requirement for non-EU products to be represented to the authorities by someone in the EU has been around since the EU single market was launched in the 1990s. Initially, the rules were very unclear and it took a long time for them to be clarified enough for most manufacturers to realise the need.

On the 1st January 2021 anyone in GB or the EU placing goods from the other side of The Channel on the market changed from being a distributor to an importer of goods from a third country with new obligations.

In recent years the legislators have made efforts to strengthen and extend the requirement for authorised representation to more products and supply chains in order to help consumer protection authorities deal with unsafe products.

In particular the market surveillance Regulation EU 2019/1010 tightens the rules in the EU for imported products to help the authorities trace and question overseas manufacturers.

We can help you meet these new rules and in particular provide you with:

  • An EU address to place on all your products supplied in the EU
  • A UK address to place on all your products supplied into Great Britain


We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions.

Below you will find questions relating to Brexit and the requirement to have an Economic Operator in the EU and also legislation known as Regulation (EU) 2019/1020, concerned with regulating market surveillance and compliance of products.

Why do I need an Authorised Representative?

For CE and UKCA-marked products, what are the extra obligations my distributors must take on if they have to become my importer?

For ‘general’ products without the CE or UKCA mark, what are the extra obligations my distributors must take on if they have to become my importer?

Why do the Authorised Representative’s details need to be on the product?

Do an EU importer’s or Authorised Representative’s details need to appear on the Declaration of Conformity (D of C)?

I am a GB (or other non-EU) manufacturer of products which fall under the General Product Safety Regulations (GPSR). I have EU distributors. Do I need an Authorised Representative?

I am an EU (or other non-UK) manufacturer of products which fall under the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD). I have UK distributors. Do I need an Authorised Representative?

Which supply chains for CE marked products need EU representation?

Which supply chains for CE and UKCA-marked products need GB representation?

Which supply chains for ‘general’ products need GB representation?

What does ARC need to check before representing products?

How much does it cost?


Our prices are extremely competitive without compromising on technical expertise or quality of service.

Our pricing structure considers four elements;

  • Number of products/families of products,
  • complexity of products,
  • potential hazards and risk
  • quality of supporting compliance information.

How Can We Help?



    Do you need to change your Authorised Representative?

    This is completely acceptable under EU and UK legislation; we can help to process the required paperwork and we may be able to reduce our set up cost considering any pre-qualification and/or audit work completed by your current provider.

    If you are looking to change Authorised Representatives then please contact us to discuss your situation.

    Latest Developments

    UK Government Extends sticky label CE/UKCA Marking Rules Through to 2027

    The UK government has announced an indefinite extension of the current provisions that permit the use of adhesive labels for applying the CE and UKCA mark on products. This allowance, which was set to expire soon, will now continue until…

    PSTI Act 2022 and Its 2023 Regulations

    In the ever-evolving digital landscape, cybersecurity and telecommunications infrastructure have become paramount concerns for governments worldwide. The United Kingdom has taken a significant step forward in addressing these issues with the introduction of the Product Security and Telecommunications Infrastructure (PSTI)…

    UKCA Marking Deadline 2025: Urgent Compliance for Construction Products Required

    As the July 1st, 2025 deadline rapidly approaches, companies manufacturing or distributing Construction Products Regulation (CPR) products in the United Kingdom are under pressure to ensure their products are tested and compliant with the UK Conformity Assessed (UKCA) standards. This…

    EU Revises General Product Safety Regulations (GPSR)

    In May 2023, the European Union unveiled the latest iteration of the General Product Safety Regulation (GPSR), aiming to replace the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD). The primary goal is the modernization and enhancement of safety standards for non-food consumer…